Monday, August 26
- School Site Council Mtg. – 3 PM
- Science rotations begin for students (Benson -Earth & Human Activity, Morales – Genetics, Abuyo – Brain, Avalos – Space Science, Greenlee – Ecosystems, Nunez Engineering
- 6th Grade Ballroom Dance Practice 9:00 AM
Tuesday, August 27
- Visual and Performing Arts rotations for students – 8:15 to 11:10 AM
Wednesday, August 28
- Students begin new reading unit “Characters at Crossroads” – How can people inspire and change us?
Thursday, August 29
- Students continue learning about ratios, rates and percents. Unit test next week.
Friday, August 30
- VAPA Parent Info Mtg. – 5:30 PM
- Family Movie Night – 6:30 PM
Monday, Sept. 2 NO SCHOOL – Labor Day
Congratulations to the following students who will serve as the Camarena Student Council for the 2019-2020 school year:
President – Pierre Clavillas
Vice-President – Ian Brogan
Treasurer – Grant Reyes
Secretary – Ruby Charbonnet
After School Homework Club is available for Camarena students. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 619-840-7886.
Gifted and Talented Education – GATE
Camarena with BOXTOPS for Education and we could earn all kinds of supplies such as PE equipment for our school.
JOIN PTA – One primary and One upper grade class will receive a popsicle party for recruiting the most members!
Garden Club Cleanup – If you would like to support our school garden please come out on the following dates: Garden Cleanup Project Dates
Join the Camarena Birthday Book Club! Book Club members will have their birthdays celebrated on Friday, September 13 during the morning ceremony on the blacktop at 8:15 am and receive their birthday book.
Thursday, August 29 9:30 am – 11:30 pm and Wednesday, Sept. 4 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm DAC/DELAC Binder Training for parents at the district office.
Monday, Sept. 16 at 6:00 pm in Room C at the Chula Vista School District on 84 E. J Street, parents of students in grades 4-6 will have the opportunity to learn about the Adolescent Growth Education (AGE) program provided for students.
Saturday, October 19 7:30 am – 12:00 5th Annual Parent Academy at Vista Square Elementary. Breakfast is provided for FREE! This is a great opportunity for parents throughout the district to network with other parents.
Parent Implementation Program (PIP) is a wonderful opportunity for parents to learn new parenting strategies. For more information contact Chelsea Gould at 619-425-9600 ext. 6471.PIP-EspanolFlyer 19-20 PIP-EnglishFlyer 19-20
AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS AND PROGRAMS
- Chess Club
- LYFE is a new afterschool care Program – K-6.
- Team Dance Flyer scholarship application 2019 2020(1)
Sept. 3-10 Pennies for Patients
Friday, Sept. 6 8:30 am ELAC Mtg.
Monday, Sept. 9 3:00 pm SSC Mtg.
Sept. 12-19 Parent Teacher Conferences – Minimum Days
Friday, Sept. 13 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm DI Fiesta Mexicana
Sept. 16-19 Scholastics Bookfair
Thursday, Sept. 19 8:30 am Awards Assembly Grades 4-6
Friday, Sept. 20 8:30 am (K-1) & 9:15 (2-3) Awards Assemblies
Sept. 23-Oct. 7 FALL BREAK-NO SCHOOL
Tuesday, October 8 School Resumes – Regular Day