EASTLAKE MIDDLE SCHOOL
Compacted Integrated Math/ Integrated Math Course I Placement
Dear Incoming 7th Grade Student/ Parent,
We are looking forward to welcoming your student to Eastlake Middle School in the Fall semester. In the Sweetwater Union High School District, we offer an opportunity to enroll in an accelerated math class in 7th grade. This course is called Compacted Math 7 and the course accelerates/compacts 3 years of math (Integrated Math 7, Integrated Math 8, Integrated Math Course I) into two years.
Students enrolled in Compacted Math will complete the following math sequence in middle school:
· 7th grade – 2 years of math (Math 7 & Math 8) compacted in 1 year
· 8th grade – Integrated Math Course I (first year of high school math)
· Fast pace and rigorous coursework.
How do I know if my child is a good candidate for Compacted Math?
· Strong math and academic skills
· Student motivation to complete math at an accelerated pace
· Strong 5th grade SBAC/CAASPP scores (Math Performance Bands that Meets standards or Exceeds Standards)
· Strong math grades on 6th grade report card (Grades that meet or exceed Common Core Math Standards 3 or 4 grades
If you would like your child to be placed in the Compacted Math Course, please complete the following Google Form: